Monday, November 19, 2007

17 weeks

I’m 17 weeks pregnant today and on Thursday I lost my son to SMA. It was difficult and painful, but now we can go on with hope for our daughter. I have three weeks of increased risk for miscarriage (5%), but I’m trying not to dwell on that. I do think about it, but I try to assure myself that I have a great chance that all will be well with her. I just want everything to work out okay for that little girl inside me. So, in a few weeks I’ll get another ultrasound to see how things are going in there. I look forward to April when the baby comes. For now I’m counting down the days to Christmas because all of this will be behind me and with luck I’ll have a bigger belly and be able to indulge in holiday treats. I’m still feeling sick in the evenings and sometimes during the day, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll have more luck with food next month!
I’m still not ready to buy girl’s clothing or anything baby yet. It’s still too soon for me. I think once the New Year hits I’ll be on track for baby shopping.
In just three weeks I'll be halfway through my pregnancy!!! Hurray!

No comments: