Monday, September 12, 2005

Eyeliner woes

I was reminded of an experience in high school this morning when I was putting my eyeliner on--strange, because the only thing in common is the eyeliner. This morning I decided to put eye linter on. I don’t always put eyeliner and mascara on (lazy). The pencil needed sharpening, so I went ahead and did that. I then proceeded to apply. I finished my first eye without incident, but then I started my right eye and a little piece of wood must have fallen off into my eye. Ten minutes later I was still trying to wash my eye out. I couldn’t keep my eye open long enough to try to find the wood chip. It was unpleasant to say the least. I decided not to reapply the eyeliner, so now that I think of it I have one eye with eyeliner and one eye without! Ugh! It is now four hours later and my eye is finally feeling better now.

My memory from high school was in French class. I don’t remember what year, but it was either sophomore or junior. We must have been finishing class or doing some group work. A female acquaintance asked me if I was wearing eyeliner. I said I wasn’t (but I was). She then said that she was just going to say that it looked good on me. I will always remember that. I was so unsure of myself. I was afraid that she was going to tell me that it looked hideous, so that’s why I instantly denied. Of course she saw that I was lying. After I lied I couldn’t turn around and say, just kidding I am wearing eyeliner.

I also remember almost falling asleep daily in Mrs. Nixon’s English class my senior year. I couldn’t stay awake. I think it’s because in addition to attending seminary every weekday morning before school in the years prior to that I had band practice for zero period and that kept me on my feet and busy. I also woke up at 5 in the morning every day while I was in high school. I’m thankful that I haven’t seen that time of the morning in a long time.

1 comment:

deesha said...

Who was the female acquaintance in French class? Was I there? :) Was it our "famous" friend?