Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Break

I am feeling a bit better than last week. My husband and I definitely decided to just take a break from the serious for a moment and hold off until the beginning of the year for anything. We are seriously considering just conceiving on our own at this point. I cannot find any funding for the PGD or IVF and we do not want to go into that much debt unless it was for a car. We do have a 75% chance for a healthy baby, so we hope for the best. I usually worry and think the worst is going to happen, but it’s strange because in this situation I feel pretty positive about my next pregnancy. I don’t feel very worried yet. Maybe that will kick in when we actually do get pregnant again. We would have to wait until week 10 of the pregnancy to set our mind at ease and find out if the baby was affected or not.

I am still trying to put together my plans to start up a foundation to help parents financially with IVF and PGD. It is just plain silly insurances would not cover this for people with genetic risks. There is a need for this service; I just have to figure out a way to fund it with enough money to help a significant amount of families. I have a few ideas, but I wonder if it will be enough. It would be a dream come true to have some real heavy hitters involved with donations and get things going. I dream of nice dinner events and a few other fund raising ideas I have. It would be nice to help other people. It would be nice if I could find something already in place that I could use, but I guess that’s not in the cards for me. I hate that the insurance would have to put me in the position of deciding whether or not to try for a baby on our own and go through the pain of loosing a second or third child to this disorder. You would think from just a financial point of view they would concede and let us have the money for the IVF. Orion’s bills were so high we could have had several rounds of IVF and be done with it.

There was an amazing thunder and lightening storm last night! It was beautiful. Dom and I sat outside on lawn chairs with an umbrella and just watched the sky light up. We love storms like that. We know it is dangerous in this area for wild fires, but it sure is an impressive sight for us to watch. Just a few nights ago I had another encounter with a deer. This time it was a buck and he was beautiful. I thought he might cross the road, but I looked at him and it looked like he shook his head no, as if to say he was not going to cross yet. I know that’s silly, but it was funny to me. He did cross the road two cars behind me.

No comments: