Friday, August 04, 2006

insurance

8/4/06

I got the news the other day that insurance is not going to cover the procedures. I am feeling pretty down about this news. I have had a difficult time keeping myself together since Wednesday.

My plan now is to hold off on the PGD and IVF until January or February. In the meantime I plan on getting a part-time job in the evenings and weekends and working as much as I can. I will be saving that money for the procedures and hopefully we will have a big chunk of it to pay right away before financing the rest. I really don’t want to have 14,000 of debt.

Dom and I could take the risk and just conceive on our own. Things could turn out just fine. We are feeling unsafe with that option though. We want to protect ourselves as much as we can from that happening again. I still replay the horror of learning the news that Orion was never going to get better. It was even more horrible to hold my son as he passed away. I will never forget that. I will never forget him. We hope that our son did not give his life in vain. We hope that Orion provided a way for his younger siblings to have healthy bodies.

I do have a small service project planned for tonight. It should be good to do something nice for someone else. I’m looking forward to helping.

Soon I hope to be working more. I did apply for a job at an animal ER. They offered it before we knew if the insurance was going to pay or not. The job was a lot of hours a week, so I turned it down. Since we found out that we will have to pay for the IVF I decided it would be wise to take the job, so I called them back. They are interviewing others right now, but said they would call me back on Sunday. I hope I get something. There is also a pharmacy I’d like to work at, so I’m giving that a try too.

I am going to be an even busier person now until the beginning of the year and gone are the plans for our Caribbean vacation. I think our family is more important than that trip.

No comments: