Monday, July 09, 2007

I had a nice July 4th. It was our first really hot day of summer. Now the heat is really on…a few days ago it was 103 and the hottest day in three years. Yuck. On the fourth I went to the gym twice just so I could feel the air conditioning.

So, I feel like I’ve finally gotten past a milestone in that I’m not feeling nearly as bad about myself when someone announces that they are pregnant. I used to feel pretty sad and depressed upon hearing someone else’s joyful news. I just had three in a row here and I’m actually pretty happy for all three couples. Hopefully this trend will continue and then maybe someday I’ll be able to make another announcement of my own…that would be nice. A co-worker recently asked me if I was going to start trying again and she started to encourage me to. If she only knew…Ha! We have been trying. It’s not something we care to advertise though.

I went to the ski lift at Mt Bachelor over the weekend for their summer sightseeing lift. It was a clear day and the view was spectacular. We had lunch up at the summit and then rode the lift back down. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous about the adventure. I have never been on a ski lift…my parent’s didn’t do the skiing thing. I figured though that if my seven year old nephew could do it I could do it. My husband thought it looked like it would be fun to go four-wheeling at the mountain. I have never been, but someday I hope to. That will be an adventure yet to come.

I also saw the Transformers movie over the weekend and it was better than I expected it to be. It was funny and the effects were great. Overall I found it to be a two thumbs up experience…especially when I heard a soldier stay “Fricken” which I figure is probably the seldom used alternative to the other word it replaces. Which reminds me of the Ghost Hunters (I love that show). When ever Grant says “What the Fetch?!,” I know something good happened.

No comments: