Friday, August 22, 2008

Fried Bologna

Today for lunch I had a fried bologna sandwich. I’m not a fan of bologna normally, but fried is a different story. I think of two things when I break out the fried bologna. April, the person who introduced fried bologna to me and my mother, who hated the smell fried bologna brought to the house after cooking. Today I totally understand why my mother hated the smell…yuck! I’m so sorry mom that I made you endure that smell repeatedly while I went though my previous fried bologna stints. Thankfully they are few and far between. Back at my desk at work all I can smell on my skin and clothing is fried bologna. I might just go home and change. I don’t want to let people stand too close to me now because I might have an offending odor. Maybe my nose is just a super smeller today. I’m reminded of the Subway sandwich smell. I try to use the drive through whenever possible when I order from Subway because then I avoid the lingering odor the rest of the day. It’s one of my least favorite smells, but I sure do love a Subway sandwich! I love Subway second to my two favorite delis: Valentinos in Santa Barbara and Darios in Covina. Subway will just have to do since I'm too far to take a lunch break to my top two locations.

5 comments:

deesha said...

I love Darios! Didn't you work there? I also love Capri Deli in Covina. mmmm sandwiches!

April said...

Mmm fried bologna! That sounds good right now! I made a fried bologna sandwich a couple of months ago, since I hadn't had one in ages either. I didn't really notice the smell too much though, but that's funny that it stays on you! I know what you're talking about with the Subway smell! That's why Tyler said he didn't like my friend Jenny, more than a friend...she worked at Subway & he didn't like smelling it on her! lol!

The Justice Family said...

Darios, I remember coming to visit you their. Oh the good old days! Where does time go? There is a great sandwich place here in Utah called Grove Street Deli.

cruella said...

I remember Dario's...I also liked togos...

The Godell Family said...

Hmmm, never had fried bologna before. Sounds interesting. However I too do not like bologna normally. I might need to get the recipe. If there is one!