Thursday, July 13, 2006

Niece

I thought it would be really hard to see my niece yesterday. She is only a few months old and I thought it might be difficult to hold a little one in my arms. I did feel a bit sad, but I didn’t break down as I had expected to. I just look forward to the day when I can hold babies of my own in my arms once more.

Speaking of holding my own babies…I talked to the geneticist yesterday and she informed me that things look very promising for Dom and me to have the Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis. We are going to her office to get a list of clinics all over the country that have good success rates. It would be nice if the clinic in Portland was good enough, but if we have to fly somewhere for this I’m okay with that. I was euphoric last night. It was very hard to get to sleep because my mind was running in overtime. I really hope to be pregnant by the holiday season. That would be wonderful. We also think it would be fun to get pregnant in January or February so we could possibly have a Halloween baby.

Most of all I’m just looking forward to feeling the little critter moving inside me and kicking, and yes, even the hiccups. I’m excited to be tired and huge and waddling down the street. I even relish the thought of being nauseated constantly again for a few months. I’m just thrilled with the thought because I look forward to holding the little one in my arms at the end of the nine months. I wonder if I’ll be sicker this time with morning sickness. I wonder if I’ll have a multiple birth. Since I’m getting Invitro done it’s going to be a bit higher of a chance for that to happen. We really don’t mind though…two would be just fine with us. We just consider that one less time I have to get pregnant. I already have stretch marks, so why not stretch it some more?

It’s great to feel more hope again. I know that I may not get pregnant the first try with invitro, or even the second, but it’s a worthwhile endeavor for us, so I’m going to be patient see what happens.

No comments: