Monday, January 07, 2008

The cats



Dom and I have two cats that live with us. We adopted Peaches (the calico) first. Dom didn’t want to get a cat, but it turned out that Peaches was all his. She didn’t even let me touch her unless I caught her for the first few years. Now she graces me with her presence from time to time for a pet or two. Peaches follows Dom around the house like a puppy and I think it’s kind of cute to see the bond that he reluctantly formed with her. Soon after we adopted Peach I decided that it just wasn’t fair that I wanted the cat and she didn’t even let me pet her, so I convinced Dom that I needed my very own kitten. Off to Oxnard we went to adopt Lola (black and white). Thankfully my plan worked out and Lola is all mine. What a sweet cat. The reason I give the background on this is because recently one morning Dom got up super early to do some snow removal work before going to his regular job. He left around 3:45 and very soon after he locked the front door to leave Peaches started crying for him. Not meowing, crying. It’s loud. It’s fairly annoying being that I enjoy my sleep very much and it was early morning. Not fun to hear that little cat echo through the house. I called out her name a few times and usually that works, but no, not this particular morning. Separation anxiety anyone?

As for the pregnancy I’m now 24 weeks pregnant and all seems to be going well. Last night when I was going to sleep Cali was kicking and I think even hard enough for Dom to feel finally. Hopefully today I’ll get some more good kicks and he will be able to experience Cali. I’ve been horrible about taking pictures of my belly this time. Last time I took one every month. I need to get on top of that.

1 comment:

Mr. Mustachio said...

You should tape record Dom's voice and play it on loop somewhere after he leaves. That should confuse the cat for a while. Or better yet, video him and pop it on the T.V. after he leaves. Let me know how that goes for you.