Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 19, 2008

In the great words of creative genius Barry Manilow “I made it through the rain.” I delivered my babies early morning on January 19. The delivery itself went smoothly and was physically painless thanks to the epidural. The hospital experience was great. I felt compassion from the nurses and the doctors. I came home by late morning/early afternoon on Saturday and rested all weekend. I was sad when Dom had to go back to work on Monday morning. Just the same as with Orion I was feeling extra clingy and wanted him to be home. I’m glad I don’t have to set foot outside today though because it’s 5 degrees at the moment. Very chilly. Crazy as this might sound we have already decided that we have one more pregnancy in us. See how quickly that happens? Just a few days ago I never wanted to do it again. We are now planning a nice vacation. We said it after Orion, but didn’t do it. Now we have double the reason to go. It will be nice to just get away for a little while. In the near future I’m looking forward to returning to the gym to jog again. That will be therapeutic in itself. Dom and I are doing okay.

Here's an interesting fact: Orion passed away on my father's birthday in 2006 and Cali was stillborn on my mother's birthday this year. Strange coincidence?

4 comments:

Mr. Mustachio said...

I'm glad you recognize that Barry Manilow is a genius. I wonder if he his a member of mensa. I'll have to pay more attention at roll call next time.

The Justice Family said...

I remember feeling clingy to Ian, when we lost Emily. You are so strong. If I can do anything for you or Dom, let me know. Even if you just want to talk.

BreeAnn said...

Amanda- You are so strong! I am still just in shock over the whole thing.I wish I could make it better, although I know I cannot. I wish you the very very best! Take some time for yourself!

John and Joyce said...

Ah, Barry Manilow..love his songs and the heart he puts into his music. Keep a song in your heart and a prayer on your lips just as we do for you and Dom during your troubling times. Keep the faith!
Love ya bunch!