Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sept is here

What’s been going on in my life you ask? Well…I’ll tell ya. I’m doing better with the news my sister dealt me about expecting another child. I really am happy for her. Her youngest daughter is just a joy and her older boys will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

I did start acupuncture and have been twice now. I am going once a week for a while and then will probably go every two weeks later on in treatment. It’s relaxing to have acupuncture. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, but I really do. I’m looking forward to finding out if it will help regulate me. I am taking these herbal vitamins to help with the process as well. They taste pretty gross. Dom says that they smell like a stout beer. I just hope that this helps my body to ovulate regularly. That would increase our odds of conceiving.

I have successfully discontinued caffeinated sodas. I have had a soda here or there, but not daily, so I am looking forward to seeing the pounds melt away. I have been working out as well, so that has been good for me. I really enjoy working out. (I just wish it showed by how fit I’d like to be). We can’t have everything now can we. I am just going to keep trucking away. I decided that if I get pregnant again soon I’ll just have to work that much harder after I have my next child. I’m okay with that although I’m not looking forward to looking at the scale as the next pregnancy progresses if I start ten pounds higher than last time. I was told by a friend to just simply stop looking at the scale when pregnant. I might just follow that advice.

I have taken a part time job in addition to my full time job. I think it will be okay because I will still be home by 9 and never work Sundays. That’s pretty good in my book. I am starting tonight and I’m looking forward to it. I am working towards buying a truck for Dom and a few other goals we’d like to achieve. Dom and I decided that we’d like to have me work part time or not at all after our healthy child arrives, so I am okay with working extra long hours for now. It’s only temporary. I’m just pleased that he is on board with me working part time instead of full time when we are parents. I’m blessed that he changed his point of view. Now we just have to get that healthy child.

I seriously doubt that I am pregnant. I don’t think it will be that easy for us. I would be thrilled if we were though. I’m sure it will take a few months though at the very least. I miss pregnancy so very much, yes even the uncomfortable moments. I look forward to the day when we know that we have a healthy baby and can hold him/her in our arms.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I think there were several factors involved. I was anticipating the start date for my second job tonight for one thing. Last night was my last evening at home for a while. I also was thinking about Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter. He was killed by a stingray and I was thinking about how sad his family must be. I thought about the loss of a husband and father. It lead me to think about Orion and how much I miss him still. I thought about when I held Orion for the last time. A part of me went with Orion. I did receive blessings from my experience this summer though. It was not all bad. I now have a much stronger bond with my husband and love him much more. I loved him before, but it grew into something else. I can say with certainty that I love my husband more than our wedding day.

Oh, I have also been getting electrolysis. It has been an interesting endeavor. I am starting to have my armpits worked on. I don’t show my pits very often, but it’s just going to be nice knowing there is no hair there.

No comments: