Monday, September 25, 2006

Party near my house

I had a nice dinner out with Dom on Saturday night. We celebrated our 5th anniversary. I can’t believe it has been that many years. Saturday night we stayed up kind of late watching TV and then I read a book. I went to bed at almost 1. At 230 I hear loud talking and bass from music. I thought it was our crazy neighbors in some town homes behind us because they are always fighting or having a party. I looked out the window and noticed that it was dark in the crazy neighbor home. This noise persisted and I went downstairs to investigate. The girls in the townhome down the row from mine were evidently partying. I went upstairs and read a book for a while. At 3 I decided to knock on their door. I stood outside my place staring at theirs not wanting to interrupt their party, but also dying for some sleep. I’m starting to get a cold and really needed some rest. The girls happened to come outside to get something out of their car. I got their attention and asked for them to please keep it down. They apologized and said they would take the party to the back. I saw one of the girls shut the front window as she went back inside.

I went back to my house and tried to get back to sleep. Unfortunately after people have alcohol in their systems it makes them talk louder…not to mention the music they had playing that had to be talked over. The bass could be heard through my walls and I’m not even attached to their place. All the lights were out in the town homes surrounding us, so I wondered if I was the only one hearing this. My husband was blissfully snoring through the whole ordeal. I hate being a light sleeper. At 4 I had finally had my fill. I stomped out of the house and knocked on the door. I knocked again. I then tried the doorbell (which did not work) and then knocked one last time. Two young guys walked by and I asked them if they were going to the party. They said, “No, are you?” I said no and then watched them walk by. I wondered where they were going if they weren’t going to the party. (I live in a small complex and know everyone that lives there.) I decided I should just go inside and hope the party would end soon. They must be getting tired or too drunk to stay awake at some point soon I hoped.

I walked to my door and saw the two guys walking around in the trees between the town homes. I wondered what went on at night outside and was glad to be back inside behind locked doors. I wished that the cops would come to break up the party, but I didn’t want to call myself. It finally quieted down at 5 and I was back in bed by 530. It was so nice to sleep.

Just for the record I’m okay with people having parties on the weekend. It would just be nice if the party was quiet or done after 1 AM. After that it’s just plain rude. I really wanted to lay on my car horn the following morning just out of spite…but I didn’t. I just really needed my sleep because of this darn cold that is creeping up. I bought some Zicam, so I hope that works for me. I have to work 68 hours this week, so I need all the help I can get.

This morning I went in to my ivillage fertility chart and caught up on logging my basal temperatures. I haven’t been taking them at exactly the same time every morning, but around the same time…except for Sunday when I slept in until 10 (that temp was really high). Anyway, after logging in the temps the calendar said “Pregnant!” I said, yeah right. Just because I haven’t had my cycle yet doesn’t mean I am. I wish I had a regular cycle. I don’t feel pregnant. I also took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. It would have been nice if I am pregnant, but I don’t think I am. I am just hoping acupuncture helps me out with my cycles. She said it can take a few months though to regulate me. In a few months I can start taking Clomid again though. It worked for me with Orion, so I am pretty hopeful that it will work again quickly. I can start that in the end of November. I look forward to that.

No comments: