Wednesday, August 29, 2007

5 weeks

I love salty food! Give me more pickles! I’ve lost my sweet tooth (not such a bad thing). Last time I was pregnant wanted strawberries and honey nut cheerios. So far in the short time I’ve been pregnant I love Nacho Doritos and Fried Zucchini. Yum. I’ve been eating an apple daily too just to try for a balance.

I did four HCG levels and they are doubling just like they are supposed to. I’m excited and now anticipate the next thing on the checklist. I’m going to have an ultrasound on week seven to check for a heartbeat. I’ll be happy to see the heartbeat. What I’m really looking forward to is getting negative test results when I get the CVS around week 10. This is the test that will tell us if we are loosing another baby or getting a healthy one. I hope we fall into the 75% chance of a healthy kid this time. I want a Spinal Muscle Atrophy free baby. After that test I think I’ll truly get excited and get into organizing the nursery again and taking inventory of what items I might need still. I’m so nervous about the test results. There is nothing I can do about it though. The genetic make up of the little one is already determined at this point.

I look forward to the holidays if this baby is healthy because then I’ll be glowing and growing with pregnancy and able to truly celebrate. Otherwise it might be a murky holiday season. I’d like to think this will turn out well for us this time though.

No comments: