Monday, August 06, 2007

Just waiting

Today is Cycle Day 15…so I’m anxiously waiting for the morning that my temperature goes up! I really, really hope to ovulate this month. I was feeling pretty optimistic until yesterday and then I started with the self-doubt. Once again today I’m feeling optimistic, so I’m just hoping that’s the hormones and things are going just as they should.

I did discover that since I started last week with two slim fast shakes a day (just on week days) and a healthy dinner my GI symptoms have pretty much settled down. This is great news. I also met one of my first weight loss goals though and I’m stoked about this. I still have a ways to go, but at least I’m headed in the right direction.

On Friday after work my husband and I decided to go out to dinner. On the way out the door I lost my footing and down I went off the front step. I twisted both ankles and cut the left one. I am super, super clumsy. What’s my deal with falling? It’s a wonder that I was on dance team in high school and made it out without breaking my leg!

In church yesterday a couple bore their testimonies and shared a little about loosing their baby in the last week or so. I was touched and my heart went out to them. I was impressed that they were able to share their feelings so soon. I have only met them in passing, but typed up a note today to send in the mail. Recently I also made contact with a second cousin who lost a baby recently. It has been nice to be able to reach out. I’m in a much healthier place right now than I had been previously. It’s a good thing!

No comments: