Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cycling...ovulating?

CD 17

I’m just not sure if I ovulated or not at this point. I had a dip in my basal temperature on Monday morning (day 15) and was feeling pretty discouraged about that because I felt like I was going in the wrong direction. I googled the dip in temperature and was thrilled to find out that some women experience a dip the actual day of ovulation. I went from depressed to elated in just a matter of minutes. (I was feeling pretty down on Sunday). I was hoping to then wake up the next morning with an elevated temperature indicating that ovulation had occurred, but unfortunately it only went up a bit. I again checked the internet and discovered that it can be a gradual rise after ovulation as well. I again took my temperature this morning to see that it rose back to my normal temperature again. Maybe tomorrow it will be even higher? That would sure be nice. Maybe gradual for me is three days. If I don’t ovulate this month I know I’ll feel even more disappointed than last month. Then what if I didn’t ovulate yet…just another day will complete the 5-10 day wait after taking Clomid. What’s wrong with me? The first time I ever took Clomid it worked for me and I got pregnant because of ovulation. Why is it so difficult to ovulate now? I’m trying not to give up hope on this since I very well could have ovulated the other day and I’m just experiencing mood swings and the gradual temperature rise. It would be nice if I woke up tomorrow morning and my temperature was much higher and stayed that way. I’d feel better. Even if I don’t get pregnant this month it would sure be nice to have an egg pass through.

I have been experiencing the whole gamut of emotions over the past few days. I have been hopeful and positive that this month was the month and then on the other hand I’ve felt like a child would never come from my womb again. I felt worthless. This can be a good thing though because possibly it means that something is working hormonally. (I have to look on the bright side). I’m looking forward to next week when I’ll have another blood test to find out more conclusively if I’ve ovulated. That will give me more piece of mind.

No comments: